Relaunch Date Announcement
We Are Taking Bookings Again, with our first availability starting June 1, 2020!
Exciting news – Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer has amended the order for us to be closed, and we are looking to relaunch our flight training services! As there are numerous conditions regarding health and safety for us being in operation again, we are working hard to make sure we are able to open safely, and have the personal protective equipment in place to protect our customers and employees.
We have designated June 1, 2020 as our official relaunch date for both dual and solo flights. There will be some temporary changes to our operation which will include the following:
- The most important measure starts with each of us – if anyone is feeling ill, has a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath, DO NOT come to the airport. If you have had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or with anyone with the above symptoms – DO NOT come to the airport.
- We are asking that students, renters and customers make an appointment to visit the flight school, and only arrive for their scheduled lesson time. We are discouraging drop-in visits or social visits at this time, until we can assess our policies and procedures to ensure we can meet our obligations as set out by Alberta Health.
- Facemasks will be worn anywhere where we cannot social distance to the recommended 2 metres. This will require us to wear facemasks primarily in the aircraft – we do have a limited supply available, but we do encourage students to bring their own if they have them. The facemask does not have to be of any particular type – we will have disposable ones available, but washable, reusable cloth facemasks likely will be more comfortable.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be provided, and we will encourage employees, renters and students to clean the high touch areas (control column, throttle quadrant, door handles etc.) before and after use. We are also encouraging everyone to practice good hand hygiene, and social distance when possible.
- Due to the ongoing international border restrictions, all flights must remain in Canada, and we are recommending that students and renters remain in Alberta as long as the Chief Medical Officer is recommending non-inter-provincial travel.
- Please have patience with us as we move forward – policies and procedures may need to be amended as we progress, and your input is important to us. Please let us know if you see any risks, hazards or any suggestions with our operation.
We are working hard to try to contact our current and prospective students to inform them of this decision. If we haven’t contacted you yet, we intend to, but please feel free to give us a call at (403) 329-4887 to resume or begin your training and schedule a flight lesson.